LOOKING AFTER YOUR APPLE HARDWARE
Ensuring your Macs, iPhones, iPads and office network are secure, reliable and performing at their best.
Purple offers a range of services and upgrades for businesses who want to get the most from their existing Apple hardware without necessarily having to replace computers. In many cases, we can help to improve performance and productivity with a range of simple, cost-effective measures.
What can we help you with?
SSD (Hard Disk) Upgrades
Speed Up Your Mac
If your Mac is running slowly, particularly iMacs and/or Macs from 2015 or earlier, chances are it would benefit from a hard disk upgrade.
It is a common misconception that you need to ‘free up space’ from your hard disk to make your Mac run faster. This is only the case if you are nearing the last 10% of the available disk space. Software designed to reclaim disk space, such as MacKeeper and CleanMyMac, usually cause more problems than they solve.
In fact, many hard disks are mechanical SATA drives which can be 10 or more times slower than the modern solid state drive (SSD).
As the Mac system software grows increasingly advanced, it becomes more reliant on having a fast SSD installed. This is usually a cost-effective upgrade and can increase the practical working life of your Mac significantly.
Security and Performance Healthcheck
Are your computers and network in need of a little TLC? Book Purple for a compete business IT health check:
- Update and standardise your operating systems and software
- Test your Mac and network performance
- Full data storage and backup review
- Account security and identity protection review
A regular health check can prevent computer and staff downtime by:
- Improving boot times, software load times and reliability
- Identifying and proactively replacing old equipment, especially inexpensive hard drives
- Reducing the chances of data loss and spreading the risk by planning your data storage strategy
- Preventing malicious hacks on your website and online accounts
NEW MAC & iOS SETUP
Setting Up A New Mac / iPad / iPhone
If you’ve bought a new Mac and you need some help getting all the data from your old one to the new one, give us a call and we’ll ensure the new Mac is set up just how you like it.
The same goes for your new iPhone or iPad, too.
If your business is looking to set up a large number of new Macs, iPhones or iPads, take a look at our Installation & Projects section for more details.